Sunday, June 14, 2009

Some more info about the site crash

So, apparently there is a backup of the website.  However the (free) webhost has to re-create my account and set everything back up.

I really can't complain, I mean...it is a FREE host.  However, lately the outages have been really common, and then now this complete deletion of my account.  pretty crazy.

I think that I will stick with this (blogger), being it is still free, and the uptime is MUCH better.  Also, since I'm not really doing a lot of custom type design or site layout type of stuff, it doesn't really matter.  I don't need a custom host to do the types of things I am doing.  The old factorQ archive was neat to have up and running, to be able to read through, and I may enable that again, witha  link or something.

I just think blogger is all good for now.
That in combination with the forums (which are run on yuku) make a pretty sweet setup.  Especially given the amount of traffic I experience on a day to day basis...which is very little.

0 comments:

Post a Comment