Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Linux, anyone? - Part 2

So now I have my stable LTS version of Ubuntu, which I love since it is low maintenance. However, I just keep wanting more. I just LOVE the concept of open source software, and would really like to be more involved. So, henceforth, what I am planning to do is test several different distributions of Linux. This will help me get a good feel for what I want/need, as well as boost my knowledge of how everything works. One day I may even create my own distribution...who knows... That is a lot of work, though.

I have DistroWatch to thank for information, reviews, and links to the different distros.
Also Raiden's Realm for reliable reviews and detailed information.

So... here is the list of distributions I will experiment with, and will try to review as I am able:
I'm really excited about the last two, being they are the most involved. We'll see how it goes, though. Wish me luck!


edit: I'll even add these to this list!

Go here to check out the forums for an updated list of the Linux OSs I am going to try out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment